This article will show you how to install and run xmr-stak and setup pool mining of cryptonote-based coin on Windows in no time.
* Using “monero” mode
* Using “aeon” mode
Please note that this is not an endorsement nor a complete list.
1. Download the
2. Extract and run
It will ask you for some input:
– Currency: ‘monero’ or ‘aeon’
– Pool address: e.g. pool.usxmrpool.com:3333
– Username (wallet address or pool login):
– Password (mostly empty or x):
– Does this pool port support TLS/SSL? Use no if unknown. (y/N)
– Do you want to use nicehash on this pool? (y/n)
– Do you want to use multiple pools? (y/n)
The miner will run after successful configuration. Answer
y to the nicehash question if its supported.
Note: In the event you want to change the pool address and wallet address, just edit
config.txt and edit the corresponding field. Save and relaunch
xmr-stak.exe to activate changes.
You can check your earnings on your selected mining pool website.
Like this post? Consider donating!