How to Access Your Windows VPS using Windows Remote Desktop Connection
In order to access your Windows VPS from a windows computer, you would need to follow this guide step by step.
1. Click on the Start menu
2. If you have a Windows Vista / 7 machine you can type “remote desktop connection” in seach field, and click on the program.
3. If you a Windows XP / 2000 computer, you would need to go to all programs, accessories and click on Remote Desktop Connection.
4. You’ll have a pop-up menu with fields to fill. You would need to type the IP address you have received within your Welcome Email.
5. Then, you should enter your Username and Password which are also provided in your Welcome Email.
6. Click Ok and accept the certificate warning.
You are now logged in your Windows VPS via the Remote Desktop connection program.
How to Access Your Windows VPS with an Android Device
You may come to the point when you would need to access your windows VPS through an Android device, like when you are out on a field trip.
1. You need to download a RDP (Remote Desktop Program) client for Android.
We have choosen 2X Remote Desktop Client which is the most popular client on the Google Play.
You’ll be able to download and install the app freely from here: 2X Remote Desktop Client
2. Once, you have installed the application, you would be prompted to add a new server.
3. You tap on RDP Connection
4. You’ll be asked to fill a few details about your VPS such as:
– Alias which is allowing you to customize the name of your VPS
– Server where you would need to type the IP address provided in the email you have received at sign up
– Port which you would have to leave as default (3389)
– User Name which is Administrator for the Windows VPS
– Password which has been also provided in the email you received
Dealing with the others settings, it would depend if you are on a Wifi network or not as it would optimize the connection in avoiding the use of elements from the graphical interface.
5. You click on the App Menu button or return (it varies according to the device you are using) and tap “Save”
6. That’s it! When you are back at the main screen of 2X client you should have your server listed and you would just need to tap on it to get connected.
How to Activate Your Windows VPS License
In order to activate your Windows License on your Windows VPS you have to follow these steps
1. Open a command prompt.
2. Type the following
wait for a seconds, once you have a success message you need to type the following command
and wait again for the success message.
That’s it, your virtual private server will be activated for 180 days. Then, you would have to redo the steps in order to reactivate it.