A person registering with the SSS for the first time as a prospective employee should accomplish SSS Form E-1 (Personal Record) and submit it together with the original certified true copy and photocopy of any of the following:
– Baptismal Certificate
– Driver’s License
– PRC Card
– Seaman’s Book
In the absence of the following, one of which recent photo 2×2 picture and date of birth, are acceptable.
If you have already SSS Number and Active SSS Member with at least one monthly contribution payment. You can now APPLY for an SSS ID.
Process on how to apply for an SSS ID
1. You must be active SSS member with at least one month contribution.
2. Fully accomplished SSS Form E-6 which must be submitted together with any of the following primary documents:
– Birth / Baptismal Certificate
– Company ID
– GSIS Card
– PhilHealth Card
– ID Card issued by Local Government Units
– ID Card issued by Professional Associations
– Marraige Contract
– NBI Clearance
– Postal ID
– Police Clearance
– School ID
– Tax Identification Card
– Voter’s Identification Card
3. Always remember to bring the original copies of documents and IDs at all times when transacting business with them. They won’t require you to submit the original copies but they need it to authenticate the photocopies and verify that they are identical. The first top is get there as early as possible. If you arrive at 6am you’ll probably finish your first day at 10AM. First is to get a number from a clerk in booth responsible for giving away the E-6 Form.
4. Next is to obtain and ID Clearance, it’s a small paper that will indicate your schedule for ID capture. You can’t finish the whole process in one day, you need at least 2-3 days to complete steps because ID capture is always scheduled on the next few days.
5. Again be prompt. If you are early you’ll be in the front of the queue. You will need to get another number from the designated officer or guard for you ID Capture. Every batch has 20 people regardless of your schedule if you have 7:00AM indicated and you arrived at 7:30am and the people on queue is scheduled at 8:00am more or less you’ll still be left behind. They operate on the first come first serve basis. The process only takes a minutes. SSS Clerks will immediately obtain your personal data (fingerprints, signature, facial images and 4-digit pin number)
6. After that, you will have to wait for 30 days to receive your SSS ID by post mail. In case you failed to receive the ID after 30 days, inquire to your nearest SSS Branch Office and inform them of your 4-digit PIN Number.