1. Accept the fact that you can never know everything. Therefore, once you see an unfamiliar question that was never been taught, use your test taking strategies.
2. If you are in Test I, II, III, and IV and you are being asked to prioritize, Use ABC first and then Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs.
3. The use of your nursing process is heralded by the word: “The Nurse Would or The nurse’s initial action”
Remember to Assess first before intervening. If the situation and the question already assessed the patient, then proceed with the next step.
4. Encircle your modifiers. Some people make mistakes because of failure to see the word, “EXCEPT” or “NOT” or “INAPPROPRIATE”, etc. The magic words…
5. Use your questionnaires as your scratch. You can write anything on that paper. If you will skip a number, place an asterisk or encircle the number.
6. DO NOT USE BLUNT PENCIL. Always use a sharp one and shade lightly. A sharpened pencil will give a very dark shade even if you will shade it lightly. Use the sides of the pencil not the tip. Use MONGOL NUMBER 2 ONLY. Some brands especially those made in china pencils are substandard. The machine will check the lead. If you are INCONSISTENT with your shading like an altering dark and light shades, you will FAIL the boards because of technicalities.