How to Reduce Rosacea Redness on Face
Red face is a condition that affects millions of people all over the globe. Commonly, red skin is found around or on the nose or on the cheeks. Red blotchy skin on the cheeks and face can make your otherwise clear skin look irritated and splotchy. If you are one of those who want to get rid of a red face, then there are many things that you can actually do to correct your skin color.
Some possible causes of facial redness include blushing, flushing, and rosacea. Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that results in reddened skin, scaling, and swelling of affected areas such as cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin due to an enlargement of blood vessels under the skin. Rosacea causes redness in your face and it produces small, red, pus-filled bumps or pustules. Blushing and flushing occur when the blood vessels in the face dilate. Acne lesions can also result in redness on face. Red face can have other causes including sunburn, allergic reactions, chafing from clothing and irritation from lotions and cosmetics. Sun exposure causes facial blood vessels to diffuse over the face and gives you a flushed, splotchy look. Redness on face from these causes is usually accompanied by itching, puffiness, scaling, flakiness or small bumps. Blotchy red face skin of rosacea gives you a ruddy appearance that may not be desirable. So you should find out a way to get rid of red face as soon as possible.
Best Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Rosacea Red Face
The home remedies for red face listed below will help nourish and moisturize the face, reducing the rosacea redness on face and create a healthy glow.
1. You can use vitamin E oil to get rid of red spots on skin, brown spots on face, and facial redness. For getting rid of cheek redness or flushing, simply apply the Vitamin E oil or cream on your red blotches on face so that it can relax your skin and bring it back to its real color.
2. You can use tea tree oil to get rid of skin redness. Tea tree oil can help reduce the inflammation from rosacea. Apply a few drops of tea tree oil on your reddened skin everyday. It is also helpful in reducing the redness of the acute stage of acne and little red bumps on skin.
3. If you constantly deal with redness on the face, then you can apply castor oil to get rid of red face. Regular application of castor oil will keep facial scars from deepening and reduce facial redness.
4. Aloe vera help to minimize rosacea facial redness while cooling off irritated skin. It reduces inflammation and itch and also moisturizes the dry skin on face. Apply aloe vera gel to the reddened face in the morning and at night. In a few days, the red spots and facial redness will return back to normal color.
5. A simple honey mask can help to get rid of red face. Spread a thin layer of honey over your cleansed face or just the areas where you have redness. Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing the mask off with cold water to reduce redness on face. It will also help you get rid of small red bumps on skin.
6. An egg-based mask has an exfoliating effect and reduces skin redness and inflammation. Beat 1 egg, take a cotton pad and apply the mask to a freshly washed face. Leave the solution on for 20 minutes and wash it off with some warm water. It will help soothe your skin and reduce the redness as well.
7. Milk and manuka honey scrub can be applied on the face to get rid of red face. Milk gently removes dead skin cells without aggravating the redness on the face. Manuka honey does wonders for rosacea sensitive skin. It moisturizes, heals blemishes, and calms inflammation. Even better, manuka honey lessens rosacea redness and gives your facial skin an overall healthier texture.
8. You can u
e oatmeal on your skin to get rid of face redness. Oatmeal clears the red spots and brings the color of the skin to normal. The natural anti-inflammatory properties found in oatmeal can reduce inflammation that causes rosacea redness and can help hydrate dry skin.
9. Baking soda is a great way to clear up acne, get rid of acne scars, reduce redness, and to tighten pores. It has anti-inflammatory properties and the regular use of baking soda will help reduce the appearance of red spots and redness on face. Just mix 1/4 cup of honey with 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Soak a washcloth with the mixture and then apply over your face for 10 to 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. This combination can reduce redness by effectively removing dead skin cells on face.
10. Coconut oil the best home remedy for getting rid of red and dry skin of rosacea since it nourishes and moisturizes red areas with its fatty acids. Regular use of coconut oil for face massage before going to bed reduces inflammation and dry red spots or red skin on face. Coconut oil natural treatment is especially good with reducing rosacea flare-ups.
11. Cucumber’s natural anti-inflammatory properties calm and soothe rosacea redness or reddened skin by sunburn. Placing cucumber slices on the redness on the central face across the cheeks, nose, or forehead is a good daily skin care routine to cure rosacea facial redness. It can create a cool soothing effect that will help reduce the redness.
12. Chamomile is a soothing herb that can help get rid of redness on skin affected by rosacea. Boil dried chamomile flowers and strain them to extract the essence of the flower. Then, take a clean cloth and soak it in the chamomile tea, wring it out gently and place it on the reddened cheeks and other affected areas on your face. It serves as a good rosacea home treatment. Repeat the application on your face until you find relief from redness.
13. A thin layer of calamine lotion or a light cream containing hydrocortisone can be applied to the red face twice daily until the redness on face decreases. Both products contain ingredients that reduce redness as well as provide soothing relief for itching and help to heal skin.
14. If facial redness or flushing occurs every so often, relieve your discomfort by applying a cold, wet cloth or a paper towel wrapped around ice to the flushed areas of your face. Rosacea treatment using ice can help dramatically diminish the swelling and redness on face.
15. The sun’s harmful UV rays increase facial redness and flushing associated with rosacea and photodermatitis. Avoid exposure to the sun to get rid of red face. Keep applying sunscreen to block out the sun rays. Look for sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays. Wearing protective clothing and hats is one the best ways to cover your skin to give it time to heal to get rid of redness.
Diet for Reducing Rosacea Redness on Face
A proper diet can help get rid of red face by reducing the size of your blood vessels. Consume foods rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids, such as Mackerel, salmon, walnuts, and flax seed oil as they have a calming effect on inflamed skin. Cherries, blackberries, and blueberries are also beneficial fruits. They act as vasoconstrictors, constricting your blood vessels and reducing the red flush sensation. Spicy foods, hot beverages, and hot food may trigger redness in your face. Avoid triggers such as spicy foods, alcohol, and caffeine. Alcohol and caffeine seem to dilate the blood vessels, which will make your flushes on the face worse.
If redness on face does not heal on its own, applying these home remedies for rosacea red face can help you reduce redness and rejuvenate the skin on face effectively. In case, the red skin on your face does not subside, it is best to see your doctor or dermatologist for treatment.