Law enforcement agencies worldwide seek tools that help them to make their cases stick. Some of the most incriminating evidence used against criminals exists in their mobile phones, yet getting that evidence to stand up in court has been a battle. Defendants claim that the information had been tampered with, that the writings within had been altered by the prosecutor. But now MOBILedit! Forensic is changing that, with their customized version intended for those forensic agents looking to submit solid proof of the contents of the phone via reports that help them to win the case.
With just a single click, MOBILedit! Forensic starts gathering all possible data from the mobile phone, then generates an extensive report that can be stored or printed. MOBILedit! Forensic is the most universal cell phone solution supporting the largest amount of phones from different manufacturers, and now you can easily generate reports from all these phones with just a single click. You can completely customize the output by making changes to templates. MOBILedit! Forensic will create exactly the type of output you demand, based upon your judicial system.
MOBILedit! Forensic allows you to read data from the phone, save it to a file, or export it into any of the supported formats. The key difference is that no data can be changed, making it concrete and admissible in a court of law.
We have prepared an extremely flexible system for wide needs of generating forensic reports on mobile phones and SIM cards. MOBILedit! Forensic will generate your perfectly formatted reports with all necessary information on a single click. You can have complete reports generated in any language you need, with as rich design as you require. The concept is based on templates, which you prepare once according all your needs. You can create template files in tools you already know, as MS Word or other text editors. You place there all the text you want to always appear in the final report. MOBILedit! will read this template and insert all data gathered from the device. You do not need to import or export stubs of data from SIMs and phones any more.
MOBILedit! Forensic is extremely secure, as final report document is created without the touch of a human, so mistakes are eliminated. MOBILedit! Forensic is read only, so it prevents any change in the device, which could mean destroying an evidence. All items are also protected against later modifications by hash code used in digital signatures. All blocks of data like phonebook are protected by MD5 hash algorithm. Each one item has furthermore his own short MD5 code, to help you quickly locate possible place of modification.
You can generate reports not only from devices actually connected to the computer. You can also generate reports from phones connected in the past – from full backups much later when needed. So if you are in time press you can just run backups and later generate nice reports.
- Forensic Reports generator based on templates (universal .rtf file you have the fully control over te resulting report: data it includes, its formatting)
- export to XML format allows connection to other systems
- full phonebook, SMS folders and file system of supported mobile phones can be part of the generated report including its MD5 hash to allow simple check of data changes
- make as many backups as needed and generate reports later
- additional format improvements are possible after the report is generated (without possibility to change text/data of generated report)
- reports can be printed and preview of resulting document is available
- many phones supported (see www.mobiledit.com/phones.asp)
- content of examined mobile phones and SIM card can be viewed using standard MOBILedit! tools but cannot be changed
- frequent driver updates – the number of supported phones permanently grows
- continuous updates of functionality