Nowadays theres a lot of people complaining about this issue. In this past few days I got the same problem for this modem now I tried searching the web for possible solution for this but I was not lucky so i made my own experiment. Luckily my experiment was effective so I will share this method on how to fix or to revive your dead B315s-936 Huawei LTE/4G modem.
- Laptop/Computer running windows 7 32 or 64 bit. For the advanced user you can try your own OS but it is proven stable for windows 7 OS
- Male to Male USB cable (If you dont have you can make your own alternatives)
- Tweezer / Copper Wire / any led wire
- Tools – Downlinks below.
First of all I don’t own the tools or claiming the credits of who did the real fix for this issue. A big credits to them.
Lets continue for the procedure…
1. Make sure you downloaded the tools above. Extract the files folder in your Local C:\ in your Computer.
2. Extract all the files in one folder, its up to you where do you want. And install the Huawei drivers.
3. Go to the extracted folders and run the Balong USB downloader program, no need admin privilege. You will notice an empty COM:# because we didnt plug the modem via male to male usb cable to your computer.
- On the image above i put the red mark on Balong USB Downloader tool.
- First, click the ” … ” 3 dots and select the usblsafe-b315.bin
- Second, screw up your modem because we need to do the jumper tricks you can use any tweezer or a short wire to jump it. See below:
- Third, on the image above use any tweezer or short wire to make contact on the two circle led marked on the image. Upon contact, plug the power adaptor to your modem make sure that the power led will not come up or else it will be failed so make sure you did it right and remove the wire contact. ** as Andri commented: You should unshort/remove the contact wire.
- Fourth, if its OK, insert the male to male USB to your computer. Your computer will detect your modem, go to Balong tool and click detect. The COM PORT will show if its success. If not, make sure you install the correct driver. click LOAD and wait the blue bar finish to load. You will notice the power led light comes after after the loading. You can exit the balong now.
- Fifth, run GO_HDLC.exe as admin, and make sure you will see the OK. If not run it again, go_hdlc will close automatically.
- Sixth, go to Huawei Flasher tool. You will notice some ports shown make sure you put or select the correct port to avoid any possible errors. To make sure, go to Device Manager at PORTs tab and find the port number of 3G PC UI interface ex: COM6 (depend on your modem what port it is assigned).
- Seventh, go back to Huawei Flasher and manually write the correct COM port and select the Flash. Find the firmware folder where you extracted and select the zain.hmf
- Eight, Huawei Flasher will flash the new firmware and you will notice the blue lights on your modem. Wait it to finish or until it will display done/remove battery and put in on again. You can close the flasher tool now but dont unplug your modem. Go to Device Manager and find the unknown device there. Right click and update the driver choose let me pick and have disk. In the files folder which you copied earlier to C:\ drive you will see adb_driver_windows click and select the android_winusb and wait for the drivers to install and your modem detected as Android phone.
- Nineth, now this the final procedure to revive your dead modem. Open cmd run as admin or normal Type this CD c:\files please make sure that you already copied the files folder to your C:\ just extract the tools I linked above.
- Tenth, COPY and PASTE all this code your cmd.
fastboot -i0x12d1 getvar product
make sure product: balongv7r2 will prompted.
fastboot -i0x12d1 erase nvimg
make sure OK response will display.
fastboot -i0x12d1 flash fastboot fastboot-b315-baderase.bin
make sure OK response will display.
Done. If the code send sucessfully then your modem will be revive now and if its not do the procedure again make sure the you will not mess up everything.
Remove male to male usb and power adaptor
and plug the power adaptor again you will notice red light will come up then reset your modem you will see that at the back near in power input.
Note: Please do this at your own risk.
For Questions & Problem message niyo ako sa facebook Rey Omayan